CLOSING CEREMONY AND SUMMARY, SUGGESTION

LAST POST. O.O
It was 16th of February 2018.


We got certificate from CRRU and a T-shirt too.
We had closing ceremony with Mr. President. Yeah, that was the second time I met him. wkwk.
I felt honor. Thank you CRRU.


After the closing ceremony, we should present our activity in school to the rest of the Sea-Teacher participants. (Ignore my face >.< )

On my last post, I just want to share this.


Summary and Suggestions
a.       Purposes of practicum
1)      To develop student teacher skills of teaching
2)      To experience new learning society inside the school
3)      To implement our knowledge in different learning society and also different cultures.
4)      To create a deep meaning of becoming a tecaher outside our own country.
5)      To develop teachers competence during the teaching class practicum.
b.      Procedures of practicum
1)      Orientation and Class Observation
In this step, I observed their methods, materials, time management, sources of learning, etc in class during learning process.
Some teachers used to ask them the homework before and gave punishment and some of them continued their learning process in the opening class. For the main activity, teachers used expocitory and direct learning a lot. Some used worksheet and discussed it together. I barely saw students come in front of the class and did some problems. Each teacher has their own characteristic.
2)      Create lesson plan and Teaching Assistant
Lesson plan made based on the curriculum and students characteristic. Not only made the lesson plan but also consulted it with the mentor. So that, we could choose the best materials, methods, and problem solving. Teaching assistand done by following the teacher and helped her to control the class.
3)      Teaching in the Classroom
Teaching in the classroom done based on the lesson plan that have been made. Most of the students still didnot understand what I explained because they didnot understand English well. The teacher mentor also helped me to translate what I explained to the students so they understood what I meant.
c.       Outcomes of practicum
1)      For the students in Thailand
They can understand a little bit about Mathematics in English.
They get experience taught by foreigner teacher.

2)      For the teacher in Thailand
They can exchange information about learning process, materials, topics, methods, etc with student teacher from different country.
3)      For student teacher
I can get information about curriculum in another country (Thailand) , their lesson plan, materials, topics, assessment, learning sources, etc.
I can get new experiences for living in another country.
I can become stronger for surviving living by my own with totally different society.
I can apply what I have got from university to school in real learning process.
I can take what is good during the learning process in school so that I can imlement it when I become real tecaher.
d.      The challanges of practicum
1)      Language
Most of the students in the school didnt understand how to speak English. It was really a matter when student teacher explained in English but the students didnt understand. Fortunately, there was a teacher monitoring me during the class so they helped me to explain in Thai language. Might be, some of the topics could be explained by pictures or video but there was always a topic that I couldnt use photo or video.
2)      Culture
The challanges number 2 is about culture. The different culture made us felt so different, especially about food. Thai people like to eat pork, so it was normal to always find pork in every corner of the street. Thai food also has strong smell. And it is kinda weird for me. The second thing is about mosque, there is few mosque in the city, it is quite far from our homestay. So I think that it is some kind of challange for me to be stronger.
e.       Overall impression
I am really lucky to join this project. Damrongratsongkroh School gave me a whole new experience that I have never done before. Through this project I am aware that I can be a good teacher by practicing and communication is such an important subtance that the teacher should do. But it is not the only one beacuse teacher should make the students understand not just by communication but there are many methods. In this project, I learned how to be a good teacher that the students need.
f.       Suggestion for future improvement
1)      For student teacher
Because language is one of the challange that impede the learning process, student teacher need a module of their major in 3 different languages so that student teacher can use it in class.
2)      For Seameo
The criteria of the assessment needs to be clearer so that the student teachers arenot confused about the assessment.
The meeting for all the participants needs to be fixed because my friends and I could join the meeting ( I am not really sure what the problem is).



FOR YOU WHO WANTS TO READ MY WHOLE REPORT ABOUT THIS PROJECT, YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT HERE.

Thank you everyone.. 

Komentar