TEACHING PRACTISE




a. Procedures of teaching

Teaching process done based on the lesson plan that have been made. Controlling the class and the students is such an important thing. First, do the opening like greeting the students, reviewing, and warming up. Second, do the main activity based on what objectives learning that students should achieve. And last, do the closing like giving them homework and conclusion.


b. Time management and organizing activities

I needed to adjust what I usually thought about time management because in Indonesia, Mathemaics subject at least has 2 periods in a day for 45-50 minutes each period. So I should think about time management so that I could maximize the time well.
I put 5 minutes for opening, 40 minutes for main activity, and last 5 minutes for closing.


c. Problem-solving

For mathematics subject, workwheet is so important. It will show us, the teachers, how well the students understand about the material and it can be an assessment too to evaluate the students progress.
Not only giving worksheet but giving example is also important for mathematics. So that the students know how to do the first step to solve a problem. After giving example, students are given chance to try by themselves of what they get from the teacher and from the learning process.


d. Classroom management

When the teacher explains, tecaher can stand in front of the class and explain to the whole class using power point or blackboard. When giving the students chance to try, teacher can make them do the question in front of the class so that their friends can see his/her work. Just like that, teacher together with the students can evaluate and discuss his/her work.
When the teacher gives worksheet, teacher can walk around the class to see their progress and make sure the students do their jobs. If some students ask, the teacher can answer directly and give them solution.



FIRST DAY TEACHING


So, my first teaching day!

I used Think Pair Share method. But before that, I gave them review to measure how much they understood. I had written some thai languge the night before so I could use it, like do you understand?, who is absent today?, etc.
I used media Power Point. At first I didnt give them warming up. Because I thought 50 minutes was quite short.



LESSON PLAN 1

School : Junior High School
Subject : Mathematics
Class/Semester : V/2
Main Material : Equation
Time allocation : 50 minutes

A. Learning Objectives
1. Solve linear equation
2. Solve simple fractional equation
3. Identify properties of equation

B. Indicators
1. Students can solve linear equation
2. Students can solve linear eqution based on the problem given
3. Students can identify the properties of equation

C. Teaching Method
Method :  Think, Pair, and Share (TPS)

D. Teaching Media
PPT, PC/Laptop, and Projector/LCD

E. Teaching Learning Activities

Teaching Learning Activities
Time allocation

Introduction Activity 
- Greeting the students.
- Asking their condition and checking the attendance.
- Explaining the learning objectives that need to be achieved.
- Asking topic of the last meeting by giving some questions like below:





5 minutes
Main Activity 
1. Explaining
- Teacher explains the properties of equation (Commutative Law, Assosiative Law, Distributive Law)
- Teacher gives example and chance to the student to try answering
- Teacher gives some problems to solve to the students
a. The sum of two consecutive odd number is 44. Find the two numbers!
b. Solve the following equation:


2. Think
- Students think about the idea to solve the problems

3. Pair
- Students paired with their classmate finding together the answer.

4. Share
- 3 – 4 pairs of students come in front of the class and present to the whole class of what ideas they have found to solve the problems.




40 minutes







Closing Activities
- Students conclude what they have learned on that day.
- The teacher provides learning feedback.
- The teacher shows a lesson plan for the next meeting.


5 minutes


F. Assessment
Techniques : Written test
Test form : Essay
Instrument : Test and answer key




Student Teacher,




Novita Fatmiyati
Chiang Rai, February 7th 2018
Subject Teacher,




Mrs. Kullathida Sakunkaewphithak


AND THIS IS MY POWER POINT MEDIA












I let the students come in front of the class and tried to solve some problems. So that the rest students could see their works and discuss it together. Most of the students were shy that they would not come in front of the class when I asked them, but Kru Ying helped me to motivate them and I said that I would help them to solve the problem.
When they finished their work on the blackboard I would check their work and give them applause whether it was right or wrong.


Some problems that I gave were quite difficult for them so I would give them some hints to solve it.


When I explained to the class. I thought most of them didnt get what I meant but fortunately, Kru Ying would help me to explain it in Thai language.


When I gave them exercise, some of them didnt know how to solve the problem that I would walk around to make sure they got the right concept. and I would explain to them the way how to solve it.
In this state, I learned some thai language related to Equation (because the subject that I taught to them was about equation and the properties) like minus, equals, plus, divided by, times, etc.


That was the first class. I was so nervous that I didnt really pay attention to the students (I mean all of the students). Kru Ying said that my voice was so quite that I should speak louder than that.
But, actually, I was not used to speak loud. hehehe 

This was the second class. Still the same lesson plan.





This was the third class. Well, I had 3 classes on my first day.
Because Kru Ying said that I should give the warming up so I made warming up for about 2 minutes. Short one.
The last class, I did it in the multimedia mathematics center. It was quite hard for me to control them because there were computers on their desk so I could not see what they were doing and I could not see whether they paid attention or not.


Kru Ying taught me to use this media. I didnot know what it was called.



So yeah, that was my first class. So nervous. Hehe




SECOND DAY TEACHING




Second day teaching, February 8th 2018.
I used the same lesson plan and media because these were new classes I met.
Btw, I taught 4 classes in total.





 I used this as warming up so the students would pay attention.






Kru Ying helped me to give the students warming up with Kahoot.
Because, it was in multimedia mathematics center, so the students could use the computers by themselves.



I also used the new lesson plan because on of the class for this day was my second time meeting them.


LESSON PLAN 2

School Junior High School
Subject : Mathematics
Class/Semester V/2
Main Material Equation
Time allocation 50 minutes

A. Learning Objectives
1. Solve linear equation
2. Solve simple fractional equation
3. Solve equations using its properties

B. Indicators
1. Students can solve linear equation
2. Students can solve linear eqution based on the problem given
3. Students can use properties of equation to solve linear equation problems

C. Teaching Method
Method :  STAD

D. Teaching Media
Worksheet 

E. Teaching Learning Activities
Teaching Learning Activities
Time allocation
Introduction Activity 
- Greeting the students.
- Asking their condition and checking the attendance.
- Explaining the learning objectives that need to be achieved.
- Warming up





5 minutes
Main Activity 
1. Teaching
- Teacher gives review about the last meeting topic

2. Group Learning
- Students divided into 3-4 in each team
- Students make a group name for their own groups.
- Teacher gives students the worksheet for them to do
- While the students are doing the worksheet, teacher checks every group about their progress

3. Discussing
- Teacher and students together discuss about what they have found and what they have done for their worksheet.




40 minutes







Closing Activities
- Students conclude what they have learned on that day.
- The teacher provides learning feedback.
- The teacher shows a lesson plan for the next meeting.


5 minutes

F. Assessment
Techniques : Written test
Test form : Essay
Instrument : Test, answer key, and rubric


Student Teacher,




Novita Fatmiyati
Chiang Rai, February 8th 2018
Subject Teacher,




Mrs. Kullathida Sakunkaewphithak


This is the worksheet








This is power point that I used to warm up.





OTHERS




Kru Ying asked me to give farewell speech to the whole classes. But I didnt prepare anything so I just said everything I wanted to say to them. Ofcourse I would miss them so bad. Because they were my first students, they were so cute and lovely. They always greeted me and called me teacher nalin wkwkw.






They would act silly things like this and it made me laugh hard.




I hope they can enjoy learning mathematics. I wish them happy day everyday.



And this is my mentor, Kru Ying. She helped me a lot. Thank you, Kru Ying.




I prepared a gift for the best group with highest score from their worksheet. (I asked them to submit it to me the day before)


I didnt give them something special. T.T (Im sorryy) I just wrote special letter for them, I hoped they understood what was the letter about because I put my heart into it. (*.*)





Some students gave me candies. wkwkw


I received gifts from Kru Ying and Kru A too.


And they sent me pict of them wearing traditional fabric that I gave. ^^

Komentar